How to Root Android Phone or Tablet Without Computer
Previously, we have shared to you a method on how you can root your android phone using a desktop PC. Today, we are going to share you the opposite, on this tutorial you learn how to root your android phone without using desktop PC.
Using the KingRoot App to Root
We are still going to use KingRoot but for Android app. Currently, this is the easiest method to root an android device. So, what you can do instead is directly root your Android phone using the KingRoot software.
- Download the KingRoot app for Android. (After you download you might get a warning that the file is dangerous. You may ignore the warning to continue the process otherwise stop from hereon.)
- Using KingRoot on the Android app is easy; all you need to do is install the program on your Android phone and then click on the icon for KingRoot.
- During the installation, you might encounter “Install Block” notification just click on the settings and tick on the “install from unknown sources”. Just like the image below.
- This will begin the application, and you will see the interface on your screen. If your phone has never been rooted before, you will see a prompt stating that “Root access is unavailable”.
- Now what you must do is click the button labeled as “START ROOT”.
- As soon as the entire thing is complete, you are going to see a big green tick mark on your screen. After that, it is just a matter of removing apps, purifying the system, and other small changes with this app.
- If the process is successful you will see the same image above.
- And you are done!
With this software, you can easily root the following Android versions.
- Root Android Jellybean
- Root Android Kitkat
- Root Android Marshmallow
- Root Android Nougat
- AT&T and Verizon are two carriers in the US that have blocked the Bootloader for the Android platform. This has led to plenty of problems during the rooting of Android devices, and increase the chances of bricking your device. Thus, KingRoot might not work properly with devices on the AT&T and Verizon platform, and so you might need to find other methods for rooting your phone if it is necessary.
Rooting is a great way to take back full control of your phone and expand the limits of what your device can or cannot do. Even though KingRoot is a great tool and a must-have if you plan on rooting Android, you should check out whether or not your model is supported.